Francie van Hout
I have been working as a psychotherapist and counsellor for the past 20 years in private practice, universities and voluntary sector organisations. I am a UKCP registered Psychotherapist and Supervisor and a qualified EMDR Trauma Therapist. My approach is pluralistic and draws on a range of modalities including relational, body psychotherapy, psychodynamic/psychoanalytic, humanistic, and EMDR trauma therapies.
I have been employed as a Lecturer on undergraduate and postgraduate clinical programmes in London Universities, including Goldsmiths, University of London and London Metropolitan University. Programmes have included MA Integrative Counselling, MA Psychodynamic Counselling, MA Integrative Arts Psychotherapy and BA Psychosocial Studies (Goldsmiths, University of London).
In Auckland, New Zealand, where I currently reside, I am contributing as a guest lecturer on Masters Health Science (Psychotherapy) at AUT University on body in psychotherapy and trauma therapy.
I have worked as a Clinical Supervisor to practitioners of a range of therapeutic modalities for the past 15 years and have an MSc in Supervision and Consultation: Psychotherapeutic and Organisational Approaches (University of Surrey) and a Diploma in Psychodynamic and Psychoanalytic Supervision from WPF (Westminster Pastoral Foundation).
Commitment to Social Justice
I have a long-standing commitment to working with issues of social justice and marginalisation. Working with diversity has been a central part of my therapeutic and educational practice. I seek to explore and understand the influence of social systems and forms of discrimination on a person's identities and emotional well-being.
Collens, P and van Hout, F (submitted, currently under peer review) Learning in Psychotherapy Group Supervision: Transcending Complementarity and Binary Relational Conflict.
- UKCP Registered Psychotherapist
- MSc Supervision and Consultation: Psychotherapeutic and Organisational Approaches (University of Surrey)
- Diploma Integrative Body Psychotherapy (Chiron Centre)
- Diploma Psychodynamic and Psychoanalytic Supervision (WPF)
- Qualified EMDR Trauma Therapist
- Certificate Relating to Self Harm and Suicide in Adolescents and Young People (Tavistock and Portman NHS Foundation Trust)
- Advanced Training in Somatic Trauma Therapy with Post Trauma Stress (Chiron Centre)
- Diploma Humanistic Counselling (Southwark College)
- Certificate Biodynamic Massage (Chiron)
- In my early career in NZ, I qualified and worked as a Primary School Teacher and a Registered Community Nurse
- Long Term work Face to Face
- Short Term work Face to Face
- Time Limited